Register with your GP

If you haven’t already let your GP know you are serving military personnel or a veteran, do let them know as some services for serving personnel are provided centrally rather than locally. It is also important for your GP to know if you are retired military personnel as some services provided centrally are still available to veterans.

Carers of military personnel and veterans, including children and young people, should also register that they are caring for someone as they are also entitled to support and in the case of children and young people carers making sure they are supported so that they are carrying out appropriate support and that it doesn’t adversely affect schooling and friendships.

Local services

  • Surrey Veterans & Families Listening Project. Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Action for Carers 
  • Veterans Mental Health Transition, Intervention and Liaison (TIL) Service
  • Veterans Support Services in Surrey
  • Surrey Information Point directory of local services